Friday 27 February 2009

Day 38 - Up to my neck (in cold water)

Well, it's great to be back in the UK with cold water readily available. My first really cold water encounter 10C in over a week and it was one I did enjoy. No problems with gasping for breath on getting in either - much more controlled than when I first started. It was so enjoyable that I manage to stay in it for a full 20 Minutes without so much as a shiver until the very end. I would not have thought that possible just over a month ago. I was surprised that I adapted again so quickly actually. I guess I must be pretty tough, or determined, or both not to let a few days in the sun and a warm climate deter me.

Here's hoping I can get a cool evening run/jog in tonight too.

On the weight front, I find from stepping on the scales this morning that I am now down to 70.5Kg. This is really encouraging, especially as I have only been walking these past few days.

Temperature: 10C (Bath)
Duration: 20 minutes

No comments: