Sunday 22 February 2009

Day 32 & 33 - A dilemma

I have internet connection so I guess I can blog regardless of where I am. A brief update regarding Day 31 evening (21h30): A short jog on my normal route (Air temp 4C) with a detour into a local woodland at around the halfway point where I managed to strip off completely and cool off walking slowly for around 20 minutes. Unfortunately there is not a pool or water source that I have found where I could swim or even wallow yet to cool of even more and quicker. However, I am stll looking

I arrived last night on my trip in air temps of 26C. A 20C difference from when I left the UK. Changed and went straight to the 11m (too small) hotel pool to do a few laps. I got into what felt like a warm bath - the water was 34C!! After 50 lengths I was so hot I had to cool off - and that was useless too becuase when I got in the shower the water was warm (later measured at 29C), also some 20C above what I have been bathing and showering in and used to. My worst fear is that by the end of the week I will have lost some or all of the cold resistance I have been building up and when I head to the mountains on vacation next week I will need to go back to 15C and waste my vacation getting back down to where I was instead of being able to get down to 1C or 2C within the first few days.

Maybe I just have to tell the hotel I am on some form of strict training regime that means I have to take very cold baths and that I need half a bath full of ice every morning over the next few days! Does anyone else have any experience of wierd hotel room service requests? Have you made any such requests of hotel room service? What do you think I should do?

Maybe I will let you know tomorrow.......

Temperature: Way too high
Duration: Almost indefinite.........!!

No comments: