Monday 9 February 2009

Day 20 - Another European City

Well, an 8 Minute 9C shower this morning followed by 2 minutes outside standing barefoot in the remaining snow left in the garden - all this ahead of getting a taxi to the airport to get to a European city. On arrival I checked the temperature of the cold water from the tap - very disappointing at almost 20C. I was hoping it would be colder. I guess that means a long soak in as cold water as I can find for my bath tomorrow (or maybe a lot of trips to the ice machine with the waste basket to get it colder)

Seeing as there will not be a lot to report te next few days (on account of the water temp being too high) I may recount some of my early experiences of cold.

Taking the advice of Paul I calibrated the thermometer this evening. A glass full of ice with cold water in abouot a 50/50 mix. The thermometer read zero or just below so probably a 0.5C to 1C inaccuracy but I think this is OK for my general purposes here. I guess for the 79p I bought the thermometer for you cant expect scientific accuracy to a tenth of a degree can you?

Also have a question for you experts out there: If you have a cold bath or shower first thing in the morning is it cheating to have a hot one later in the day?

Temperature: 9C
Duration: 8 minutes

1 comment:

Toughpaul said...

You Ask "If you have a cold bath or shower first thing in the morning is it cheating to have a hot one later in the day?"

I say ... Cheating? I'm not sure! I'm not sugesting it's wrong to use hot sometimes if U want.

Certainly for me, I decided some years ago that I *always* wash in cold water unless I'm ill - I guess it's about not breaking the spell! But that's me... U may feel diferent.

PL