Tuesday 3 February 2009

Day 14 - Away from home

Early morning shower 5 Mins straight from the tap- around 10C I think. With all the snow my trip to get my connection to travel meant an early start.

Several hours later I find myself in my hotel room running a cold bath. Temp is 9C. I set the timer for 10 mins and hop in. I take my time getting into the cold water, regulating my breathing as I go. It was much better than previously - no gasping this time, just steady breathing. I hope the water gets colder over the next few days as I want to take the coldness to a new level.

The phone interrupts my cold soak telling me I have a meeting in 5 minutes time but by then the timer has already gone off for over a minute. I dry and dress quickly. I can't believe that I am really starting to enjoy this. Is it the endorphin rush or just the fact that it is so different from my previously normal routine. I wish I had had a little more time because I end up sitting shivering a little during the meeting because I havent had time to exercise and warm up very much. Gradually I warm up over the next hour or so. Its a good feeling.

Temperature: 9C
Duration: 11 Minutes

1 comment:

Toughpaul said...

Glad the gasping & hyperventilating is getting under control. UR body is learning to adapt. Good Stuff!
PL