Sunday 8 February 2009

Day 18 & 19 Weekend

The temptation to take a break over weekends is always there. It is difficult to find time alone to run a cold bath and soak for a long time - I really have to find a way of telling my family what I am doing and/or find a way to get a bath/tub out in the garden that I can use.

Only managed showers (9C) over this weekend - one longer (5-6 mins) the other short (2-3 mins)- and I resisted the temptation to make them hot ones. I am even finding shaving in cold water easier now. The problem with a shower is that I can't get cold enough in a short period of time so never feel really cold even after I have been in there for 10 minutes or longer. It is still a shock to the system getting out of a warm bed though so I am sure it is better than nothing.

Did manage another 4 mile walk/jog on Saturday night. The last vestiges of snow on the ground were great for laying on and rolliing in at the mid-point of my walk for around 10 minutes of the 20 that I was completely shirtless. Have to get fitter so that I can get to the field and strip off sooner and explore semi, or even fully, naked for longer. Outside air temp was below freezing (-1C) . But I was very warm by the time I got back home after putting my t-short and fleece back on for the last 10 mins or so of the walk home. I really do need to find the time to get out more in less clothing.

Observation & Question:
  1. I am starting to find that my nipples are getting harder and stiffer as my body gets colder, and that they are more sensitive than I remember them being before. Is this a normal reaction when your body gets cold?
  2. I also find that the longer I stay in cold water the more likely I am to get an erection. Again, is this normal and is this another reason why this "toughening process" is attracting more guys to try it? What do you think, let me know?
Guys following and commenting on my Blog: Thanks to Paul (owner of the Yahoo Toughness group that got me started on this escapade: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toughness/ ) and Nigel (member of that group) for the comments and personal e-mails of encouragement- please keep them coming.

Also to the one follower of my Blog (Smooth103) - thanks for showing an interest.

It would be nice to hear from anyone else even if it is just to satisfy my curiosity that someone is actually out there and reading this. Anyone want to publicise it more for me?

2 comments:

Toughpaul said...

Nipples getting hard & stiff happens to me too. Also if temp is below freesing they tingle a bit.
PL

Anonymous said...

I shrink up a lot when in cold water. Erections sometimes happen though usually don't.