Monday 16 February 2009

Day 27 - Penance

After the disappointing weekend I thought I should make the extra effort and have at least 10 minutes in the shower this morning - my self-imposed penance, I suppose.

I have noticed that I get a sort of cramp/pain on the top of my head if I leave it directly under the shower head with cold water flowing over it for a longish period. I am sure this is one of those things that I need to get used to so that the cramp is just another "brain" signal or pain barrier that I need to fight to overcome and conquer. Today I tried ot let the water flow over it for longer than normal. The pain/cramp was quite intense the first 2 times I tried it but for the third time right at the end of my shower I fought the urge to get out of the stream of water and endured a full minute of the 9C water flowing directly onto my head. I survived the ordeal so I guess it can't have been that bad. Does anyone else have this same feeling? How did you overcome it?

Temperature: 9C
Duration: 12 Minutes

1 comment:

Toughpaul said...

TM. It's Ur body U R trying to cool not ur brain. A quick head splash is fine, but don't make a point of cooling ur head.

PL