Monday 16 February 2009

Day 25 & 26 - A Lazy Weekend

After the high (or should that be low?) of yesterday, a much more mundane start to the weekend. A 5 minute cold shower. A longish fast walk of around 4 miles in the afternoon and then another cold shower in the evening of around 2 minutes.

Now for the confession. As the shower was just before bedtime I cheated and warmed myself up with hot water afterwards for around 5 minutes or so. I must admit that in the hot water phase I was able to get a good close shave on my face, chest and the rest of my body as the skin is much more supple and pliable to get that really close shave with warm water. I did finish the shower with a one minute cold water blast just to close the pores again.

Day 2 of my weekend was much less eventful - too many things going on so no shower or bath today. However, a late evening quick jog around the block (1.6 miles) in around 16 minutes in jeans and a thin cotton shirt. The next week is going to be difficult for me to take anything but showers unless my family vacate the house for an hour or two.

I really need to get myself kitted out to do proper running in shorts and vest as a maximum. As I have not been into this style of exercise before I don't want to change too many things too fast or too quickly so as not to raise too much suspicion about why I am doing this.

I am looking for innovative ways in which to tell my family about this change in my life-style.

How did others of you raise the issue of toughness and changing your lifestyle with your partners and families? How did they react when you told them? What did you do to raise this with them? Did you do it gradually or just a bold "This is what I am doing now" statement? Do they support you now? Do they think you are crazy?

1 comment:

Toughpaul said...

TM wrote "I am looking for innovative ways in which to tell my family about this change in my life-style."

-- Just tell them U are trying to get fitter, it's quite common these days!! PL.