Wednesday 6 May 2009

Running Shirtless

Now that the weather is warmer I have taken to running in just my running shoes and shorts (I was running in shorts and T-shirt when the air temp was barely above freezing a few weeks ago so the 15C of today was like summer come early). My normal route is around 30% on Public roads and pavements (for those reading this in the USA pleas read sidewalk for pavement!). Total distance of around 4.5 miles which these days I seem to consistently manage to run/jog/fast walk in around 41 minutes.

Increasingly I have become aware that a number of motorists take great pleasure in sounding their hooter (horn) at me as they pass. I have no idea why they do this. Not that it is off-putting or anything, just a little annoying (and flattering to think that they have noticed me). Today I was hooted at twice! On a previous occasion about 5 or 6 motorists did this. And it is not just the women that do this either, a lot of men hoot as they go past. What is this all about? Is it that they are:
  • Jealous?
  • Think I am crazy?
  • Think I am good looking (at 50+ years of age I doubt it) and fancy me?
  • Doing it to put me off my stride?
Any suggestions as to why people do this please leave a comment/response and let me know. Does this only happen in the UK? Does it happen to anyone else?

No comments: