Monday 4 May 2009

Monday Update

A long weekend of exercise and relaxation is probably a good summation of the past 3 days. I managed to get my standard road/woodland of approx 4.5. miles in on Saturday in a personal best time of just over 41 Minutes. I am happy with this time although a little disappointed that I did not run the whole way - so there is room for improvement. I guess my longer run up north during week helped up my fitness just a little more.

Today I managed a 2Km swim in a little over an hour in the local swimming pool. Again a pretty good time for the distance. I think I can improve on that time too as the 2Km was done using breaststroke rather than front crawl. I am still having problems with getting my breathing correct on the crawl. I did a few extra lengths to try and improve my crawl strokes and breathing rhythm so maybe one of these days this time will come down too. At the moment its more about getting more aerobically fit and burning some excess fat off.

I even managed a few hours out in the garden in the sun and have the start of a suntan developing. Here's hoping that the sun keep appearing over the next few months so that I have a tan before my summer vacation this year.

No comments: