Tuesday 27 January 2009

Day 6 - The Coldest so far

Today was the day to bite the bullet as far as I was concerned. With everyone out of the house and the bathroom to myself I filled it straight from the tap (still no thermometer). Timer set to the regulation 10 mins and started as I put my toes in. I drop into the water quickly and take a quick gasp as my body goes in. I settle my breathing quite quickly and adjust before putting my head under. This is definitely the coldst water so far. I can feel my pulse slow as the cold seeps into my body - mainly because it was pumping so hard I could almost hear it! Its almost a cathartic sensation. Maybe the real thing is less than the apprehension you feel before you get in?

Decide to wash my hair as this give me somethng to do to while away the time. Shaving is definitely off the cold bath routine as I need to be able to move around a lot more than within the confined of the narrow bath to shave down my body. Besides that the Shave gel does not foam well or do half as good a job in cold water!

Hands! What do you do with your hands in cold water situations? I always feel my hands are painful so, for today at least, I put them in for a while and then take them out again for the rest of the session. Is this logical?

10 minutes seemed quite a long time today, although the cold didnt seem as bad as I thought it was going to be - no shaking or shovering to report - maybe i cold get used to this. My skin felt like sandpaper when I dried it off - hardly any feeling there - almost like it was detached from my body. Quite a nice sensation though, one I can't remember feeling before.

One other, rather unexpected, thing happened in this session. As my torso went into the water I got an instant erection, followed almost immediately by a rather large ejaculation? I hadnt realised that this cold water voyage could be a sensual/sexual experience as well a toughening/therapeutic one. Has this happened to anyone else? I wonder ifthere is a medical reason for this to happen or if is this just me and my mind playing games here?

1 comment:

Toughpaul said...

Erection is quite common. It's the macho "I'm tough" feeling, mixed with testosterone adrenaline & endorphins. Just enjoy it!

Never had spontanious ejaculation though! (well not unless it was intentional LOL!)

PL