Tuesday 27 January 2009

Day 5 - Shower

I think this cold water thing is going to take me a while to get used to. All I wanted today was a warm shower - however, I didn't give in on this and just took the plunge anyway. Wasn't so well set up today with my watch so i think I had about 8 mins. No time to exercise or do any warm-up stuff after and this left me feeling cold all day (maybe i should have dressed more warmly too, till I warmed up properly) as I only had jeans and a thin cotton shirt on for most of the day. Definitely not going to shave in the cold again as I look like a human colander bleeding from every pore and goosebump that the razor took off!

Would be interested to know what the correct preparation is for getting ready to take a cold water bath as well as what to do afterwards in different scenarios such as:
  1. Straight out of bed into the cold water: exercise or not afterwards? how to warm up if you dont exercise
  2. Some exercise first, cold bath, exercise after. What type of exercise is best and for how long?
  3. Other scenarios that work for you. Tell me about them and I will post the best responses.
Can ayone help me - please post a comment or mail me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.

I don't go straight out of bed into the cold water: I do mine later in the day.

I do some exercise first, cold bath, more exercise after.

Nigel Hunt

Toughpaul said...

I agree with Nigel. U can exercise before if U wish, but exercising afterwards to warm up is most essential

PL