Tuesday 27 January 2009

Day 2 - Improving

The bath in my hotel didn't fill up any faster today so went back to bed while it filled up. Got in as normal - not so much of a shock today, similar temp to yesterday, my breathing was much more normal. Took a few ducks under the water with my head. Shampoo and shave- same as yesterday. No shivering today, at least not till right at the end of the session just as the 10 minutes was up. Cheated a bit and then went to the steam room for a while to warm up before breakfast but did finish each 5-10 minutes session in the steam room with a long cold water shower. Reckon I need to establish the exercise routine soon to get the right balance and to restore heat buildup in my body.

I like feeling the contrast between cold and hot on my skin. How good the temp differences are for me I have no idea, just that the feeling is good. That, and to be completely naked - and on the odd occasion naked with other steam/sauna users too.

Water temp: Approx 20C Duration: 10 Minutes

No comments: