Tuesday 27 January 2009

Day 4 - Cold Shower

Due to circumstances at hoem i dont have the luxury of time to do a bath on these particular days so have to make do with a shower. Ran it cold straight from the tap. Was in there under the head for 10 Minutes. Vigorous Towel dry with some push-ups and sit-ups afterwards. Don't know if I overdid it these past days or it is just my body getting used to it but i have occasional shivering episodes during the day, even though I feel warm. Anyone else have this when they started out? let me know by writing me a comment.

Went for a brisk walk in the afternoon in Jeans, Rugby Shirt and Jacket. Was too hot so took the jacket off and carried it virtually the whole way. As I was in mixed company i did not thinkn i could get away with taking my shirt off too (although i wanted to). Air temp was 4C (so the car thermometer said) . Walk reminded me of school cross country (a story for another time maybe).

Walk was a ruse to look for an exercise route that took in a local pond or stream where I could get wet and soak in cold water. Unfortunately, nothing came of this but will keep looking.

Also noticed that the extra endorphins seem to be making me sleep less well, I hope this will pass as I hate waking up to the clock only changing by a few minutes each time I wake. Odd, or what? Maybe it is my body just getting used to the new routine. What do you think?

1 comment:

Toughpaul said...

Go on, tell us about the school cross country

PL