Wednesday 1 December 2010

Record Low Temps in the UK

Well, what a start to the winter season we are having here in the UK. Record low temperatures and the earliest snowfalls in several years. Locally we seem to have escaped the worst of the snow but there is still a dusting on the frozen ground.

In a very strange way I am actually getting excited about looking at the weather forecasts and the prospects of some even colder temperatures as it will give me a chance to see how I get on running shirtless in very cold weather and testing my "toughness".

Today it was around -3C (26F) outside air temp at around 07h00 when I set out on my run. Sure it was cold but after a few minutes I got used to it and ran for nearly 40 minutes before getting home again. I could definitely have run further than i did.

The temperature is due to go down again tomorrow and Friday with expected temps of -8C. I wonder what that will feel like to run in shirtless? Anyone want to join me?

No comments: