Sunday 5 December 2010

Cold Running

The temperature on Friday was not as low as they expected it to be but was around-5C at 07h00. It was still at -4C after 08h00. I managed my regular 7km loop in around the same time as usual (37 minutes). My Saturday run was warm in comparison with the temperature gauge in the car on the way to the start point showing only 0C. That 10km run was icy and so a little slower than normal at just over 54 minutes. Some sections of the locks on the Saturday run were frozen over, the first time I have seen that on that stretch of the river. I was tempted to take a plunge into the river, but I think my running mates would just no understand that desire - not yet anyway.

Always looking for running mates that would understand the need to take a quick dip in ice cold water and continue running - any takers?

My weight seems to be relatively constant nowadays - hovering between 65.5Kg and 66.6Kg, depending on what I have been eating and drinking. I normally weigh myself directly after my run and shower so the timing each day is consistent.

No comments: