Monday 13 December 2010

Boring week

I was away this past week with very little time to get out and run (early morning meetings and travel play havoc with running, as does staying in the middle of a city landscape with nowhere to run freely). I did, however, manage to get a couple of 1km swims in the pool at a hotel I was staying at and also to get a rare treat in the form of a massage one evening. I love massage and wish I could afford more of them.

I did a 10k run on Saturday morning in relatively warm 5C conditions compared to those I've been running in of late. Today I did a 7km run this morning in freezing fog (-1C) followed by a cold water shower of at least 4 or 5 minutes duration. The forecast is for colder weather and snow later this week so I may get my first snow run in for the season soon.

One of my blog followers wrote me an e-mail saying that he had re-read some of my earlier posts and how my early experiences with cold water were similar to his own. He also noted that some of my observations about how my body reacts to the cold were correct and how exciting that journey had been for both of us. I think I need to re-read what I wrote and discover some of that early enthusiasm again - maybe it will inspire me to do more and to push my body just that little bit further into experimenting with cold water some more.

No comments: