Thursday 23 December 2010

Snow still on the ground

It's nearly a week since the snow arrived and it is still lying on the ground and quite deep in a number of places.

I went out for a run on Tuesday and Wednesday morning this week but the footpaths next to the road were very slippery and quite dangerous so it took me around 4 minutes longer to do my normal 7k route. Once you get off the slippery concrete and tarmac surfaces the snow is much easier underfoot. As it is a holiday week I have been running slightly later too and have met up with a few different people than normal. All have been friendly and none have said anything about me being shirtless when out running in the snow. I will run again on Friday and then again on Sunday 26th.

On my run yesterday I did stop for a couple of minutes on the final leg of my run and had a quick, naked roll in the snow. What a great feeling! If you have never done this before you must really try it.

I will try and take the camera along tomorrow and post a few pics of my route so you can all see how pretty it looks - a great inspiration to keep me running.

Happy Christmas Everyone!

No comments: