Thursday 25 November 2010

Colder Weather coming

I have been taking things a little easier this week after competing in a 10k race last Sunday as the only shirtless runner in a field of over 200.

The race was good for me finishing in the top 20% of the field. I did get quite a few comments from other runners the best of which were:
"Now that I have seen you I don't feel so cold anymore!" and,
"You are absolutely Mental!" which I think indicated that he thinks I am totally crazy!

I may well be crazy but I still ended up in front of him at the finish line.

My two runs so far this week have been a short 7.1km circuit (both in under 37 minutes). The Tuesday one started with the temp at around 5C. Today it was -2C when I left the warmth of the house. It was a great run though - cool and crisp air with a slight breeze. No rain or snow and a great sunrise too.

The weather forecast says that colder weather and snow is on the way so maybe I will get my first shirtless snow run of the winter in very early this year with the thermometer just a few degrees lower.

No comments: