Tuesday 31 March 2009

Day 69 & 70 - Bath Days

These past 2 days I have been able to take my time and have baths. The water is not so cold out of the tap anymore (11C yesterday and 12C today) but still cold enough to reduce body temp sufficiently. Yesterday was a short 10 minute session but today (the same as last Friday) I stayed in the water completely immersed for just over 30 minutes. By the end of the session I was shivering but I reckon that I could have gone for quite a lot longer. I guess the question is at what point do you stop?

I also went out jogging again last night. My time did come down a bit to just over 14 minutes - I need to pick up the pace a little each evening now and gradually work the time down to 12 minutes for my 1.6Mile course and after that build up the endurance by extending the distance till I can run for up to an hour at an 8 mile per hour pace. At my present rate of progress it will take me all summer to get there.

Temperature: 12C
Duration: 30 Minutes

No comments: