Friday 20 March 2009

Day 56 to 59

Today was the first day that I have had time to run a cold bath to languish in and be alone. At 12C it was warmer than I would have liked but I did have 20 minutes in there to relax and enjoy. The previous 3 days I made do with cold showers that were warm by comparison (21C cold water from the tap in Portugal) and 12C back in the UK. I find that I am hardly shivering these days no matter what the temperature of the water is. But as soon as I get out of the water I have what I guess you could call "small" shivering episodes. I guess this is just the muscles warming up again but the feeling is quite refreshing.

At 12C the water is not quite cold enough to numb the skin as much as I have been accustomed to over the past weeks - that is a pity because I quite like the numbness and the fact of losing feeling in the skin, then the sensations returning as I warm up again. I really liked the almost instantaneous numbness you get from 3C water. I don't think I will see that kind of temperature again this year, unless I really make a plan to buy a ton of ice!

No comments: