Friday 27 March 2009

Day 60 - 66 Another week

Seems like I am getting less time to put a message up on here every day now. Work is getting busier and I have been travelling again. Unfortunately, this normally means cold water at a higher temp than in the UK. This time the coldest water I could find was around 16C and with no bath to lay out in and after a shower of nearly 30 minutes on the first day without feeling even a little bit shivery I almost gave up and went back to hot showers!

Common sense prevailed though and I continued with cold showers the rest of the week whilst away. Back in the UK this Friday and with the cold water temp at only 10C I pushed my bath time out to well over 30 minutes - by which time I was shivering quite a lot, but was not feeling unpleasantly cold. This is the longest I have stayed in cold water, even with my hands in most of the time they did not bother me too much, although the initial lack of dexterity on finishing is something I need to get used to. Even simple things like doing buttons up or tieing shoelaces is not easy with very cold hands.

Anyone else notice these small things?

Temperature: 10C
Duration: 30+ Minutes

No comments: