Sunday 15 March 2009

Day 51 to 54 - Inactivity

More boring days!
My Calf muscle is still playing up despite my daily cold showers and resting it. I saw the doctor Friday and they have organised an ultrasound scan for next week to make sure there is not any permanent damage such as torn ligaments/muscles or separation from the bone - keep watching this space. Not being active is really a pain as I want to run/walk fast/jog and get out in what is left of the cooler weather.
I went on a short, slow country walk today past a promising pond for a dip in the winter evenings. Unfortunately it is on a very popular path so not much scope of a dip during daylight hours. I also found a 2ft deep stream that runs under a road that had promising capabilities too for evening runs.
An update on the water temp at home - crept up to 11C now so would need a good quantity of ice to make a big difference to a bath.

No comments: