Sunday 13 January 2013

I took another cold bath Thursday.  Similar sort of reaction as before, except this time I managed to keep my head covered with  water (with nose and mouth out so I could breathe) for around 4 minutes of the 20 that I was in the water.  

I had gone out for a shirtless run in +2C temps just before that so was cool from the run so found that it took me a lot longer to warm up than the previous day.  I did not find it unpleasant though.  Maybe I am just getiing used to the feeling now. 

Friday I had a 5 minute cold shower instead as time was limited. 

This week I am headed to Scotland to meet up with an acquaintance that is much more experienced than I am with dealing with the cold.  We have agreed to run and swim together on at least one or 2 occasions whilst I am there.  Snow and colder weather (down to -5C) is forecast so hope that there will still be some snow on the ground when we run (probably in Speedos or thong swimwear). 

Keep watching this space.  I have my camera packed too so maybe you will get a photo or 2 as well in the coming days.

No comments: