Monday 15 November 2010

First Freeze

Today was the first day that the temperature was definitely below zero at the start of my morning run. The signs were all there, white frost on the grass, trees, houses and pavements. Ice on top of the puddles, frozen mud on the paths in the forest that crunch underfoot as they give way under your weight. The occasional slip of the foot from underneath you on the more icy stretches.

Today was also the first day in a long time that I have had vehicles hoot at me as they went past, kids (and their parents) looking out of their warm cars in amazement at me running shirtless on the pavement. I even got a few "thumbs up" signs from older teenagers on their way to school on the school bus as they went past.

It was one of those days it is fun to be a shirtless runner - it certainly brings a smile to my face.

9.8km in 53 minutes. Temp: -1C approx

No comments: