Tuesday 9 November 2010

Colder Weather -

The only thing I like better than running on a cold, wet morning is to stay in a nice warm bed. But then again, when the weather starts turning and getting colder why waste the time in bed? Besides that I find a shirtless run in the cold quite stimulating, sets the heart beating and gets my mind into a relaxed state at the start of the day.

To start a run in near darkness and watching a sunrise on a cold morning is great experience too. Pity that the last 2 or 3 days have not been so good. I still managed around 10km each of the past 2 days.

To finish off the runs I have a cold shower and then gradually turn the temperature up over around 10 minutes. A slow warm-up session followed by a hot cup of tea.

Try it - you may eventually get to like it as much as I do.

Post a comment and let me know.

No comments: