Wednesday 31 March 2010

Being sick is no fun!

Last week was a business trip starting Sunday afternoon. So in-between work, entertaining clients and my Boss being with me the whole week not a lot of time for a run at all. I did manage a short 30 minute (5km) shirtless run along the banks of the Seine in Paris at 06h30 on the morning of the 24th but then nothing till my normal Saturday run with my mates (10k; 8C). No record breaking times either.

On Saturday afternoon I started to feel off colour and by Sunday night I had a raging sore throat, high temp and fully blocked sinuses. I must admit that I have not felt like doing (nor have I done) any running yet this week.

My brain is saying you should be exercising but my body is saying lay off till you feel a little better and can breathe a little easier. At the moment my body is winning that particular fight.

I guess the warmer weather of the past few days and now a short, sharp, cold spell is not helping matters either. I am still braving the cold showers - at least at the start to wake me up and shock my body into a state of alertness. I will finish with warm water these days till I am full recovered from being ill.

I am thinking of running tomorrow (Thursday). If I do I will write it up here.

I hate feeling ill and this is the first major sickness I have had since starting this fitness/toughness/cold regime nearly 14 months ago. I think that's a pretty good record actually.

No comments: