Monday 15 March 2010

A weeks worth of postings

Now the cold weather seems to be departing and making way for spring (nothing is certain with the UK weather at the moment) it seems a bit crazy to report temperatures any more. So, I guess this will turn into my shirtless running/swimming blog and log for the foreseeable future - unless something unusual happens of course. At the start of my runs last week the temperature was hovering around 0C, by the end of the week it was around 3C.

Last week as a little hectic with work. As you know I got the standard run in on Monday and then was away. No run Tuesday or Wednesday but by Thursday morning the lack of exercise was doing my head in so I did my standard 7k run on Thursday and again on Friday. Both days were less than 37minutes.

Saturday was a group run with my running buddies. Just over 9km on a relatively flat course in just over 49 minutes (could have been a lot faster). This run tends to be a bit slower as we chat along the way and generally try and keep together as a group.

Today I left my watch at home but the standard 7km run was a pleasant one with the sun shining for a change. My weight these days seems to be stable at around 66.5kg with fluctuations up or down by 0.5kg to 0.8kg depending on what I eat and drink. Is that type of fluctuation normal?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Great Blog.

I just wondered if you wore socks when you run.

Tremendi said...

Yes, I wear those short "trainer" socks just so as to give my feet room to move, otherwise I end up with blisters. You can barely see them as they cover only my feet.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Enjoy the blog, hope that you get better soon. Just to say that fluctuation in weight of anything up to 2kg are perfectly normal. That is both in part due to tolerances with your weighing equipment (even high end home scales are only truely accurate to within 0.5kg). It will also depend on how much food aand liquid is retained in your body at the precise moment of being weighed, something that can vary naturally over a few days by 1.5kg, and if you want to control it (such as a boxer getting into a weight category) by even more than this. Mark

Tremendi said...

Thanks for the assurance on the weight side, Mark. Now that I am active again and watching what I eat a little more the weight is gradually coming back down to where I want it to be. I am not hung up about it, but definitely don't want to see it creeping back up over the 70Kg mark again for a very long time. Any more advice you want to give me drop me an e-mail.