Monday 8 March 2010

A week later!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I was away last week on a business trip.

Last Saturday (9days ago)I did a 9km run with some mates and then nothing again till last friday. That was the normal 7km run in around 37minutes. This past Saturday I ran on my own on a different route in the late afternoon in sunny conditions of around +5C. A full 10km in close to 51 minutes (my best time for this distance so far).

This morning was a little tougher with an air temperature of -4C but with sun in the sky back to the standard run of 7km in 36m20s. You could just feel the sun hitting and warming your skin on some segments of the run. However, my hands did not feel the benefit of that and were quite numb by the end of the run. I really must remember to wear gloves on such cold mornings (however, I think that wearing gloves while running shirtless looks even more strange than just running without a shirt).

My weight has been up a little these past 2 weeks (nearly 67Kg) but that could be because I have been entertaining clients and eating a much larger breakfasts and richer meals than normal when away. This week it is getting back to the normal 66kg level. Also no running time when I was away, although I must admit that I should have taken a run on one morning last week when I had the opportunity to. They always say that it is the runs that you don't do that you regret.

I still keep getting the odd comments shouted or spoken to me when people pass on these colder days. Comments like "Put some clothes on, Man!" or the more common one from other runners: "Your'e brave!" are quite the most common. Anyone else have any common remarks of note that people shout at them when running without a shirt? Let me know.

No comments: