Sunday 19 April 2009

Day 86 to 89 - Exercising again

Let's just forget the boring part - the cold showers, which I am still taking - and concentrate on the exercise part for the past few days. I am improving! I increased my standard running distance now to between 4.0 and 4.5 miles (depends on which tracks I take through the woods) of mixed tarmac and gravel/mud tracks. Time is around 45 to 55 minutes, which is not bad for a guy who used to hate running.

I also managed to get to the local pool (albeit a little warm at 29C) and swam around 2km in just over an hour. I am so out of practice at this that I can't get my stroke/breathing correct to swim crawl - I end up out of breath after about 2 lengths (100m) and have to revert to breast stroke, which I find a lot easier and can do almost endlessly but the pace is a lot slower than I would like. Any suggestions for improvement?

With all the exercise my weight is now down to around 71Kg. I am assuming that it is staying around this number because fat is being replaced with muscle. I would like to get it below 70Kg within the next 2-3 weeks if I can. Any suggestions for ways to burn off more fat? I read somewhere that whey powder supplement could work for this but I think if if just eat a little less and exercise regularly it will have the same effect? What do you think.

I realise I need to get some before and after pics and stats going here - I will try and do this later this week for you all.

Till next time......

No comments: