Tuesday 14 April 2009

Day 76 to 84 - Spring is Here

There has not been much happening over the past week, especially as the Easter Holidays have intervened and other things have been happening which have diverted my attention.

The water from the cold taps is warming up so the cold showers every morning are not as cold as they used to be. I am still taking cold showers and still enjoying them. The opportunity to take a cold bath has also not been available to me the past week either.

My running has been taking a bit of a back seat as there have been a number of things going on which have meant I have not been able to get out as much. I did manage a longwalk with some friends of about 4Miles one day and around 2 short runs of 1.6miles each all within a reasonable time. I will resume the runs in earnest this week. With some recent rain the ground has started to become muddy - quite inviting to take run and jump (or even a slide) into? Anyone else tried this? The idea of being covered head to toe in slimy mud is quite appealing in a weird sort of way/

One day this week I will take my camera along and post some pics of my daily route through the local woods, especially as "Spring is Here" and the woodland takes on a completely different perspective - flowers, blossom and new growth of foliage, bushes and other exotic plants. I am still looking for that elusive pond somewhere along the way so that I can really take that swim and cool off en route.

Till next post.

No comments: