Monday 14 February 2011

2 Weeks of posts in one

Too much has happened on the personal front over the past two weeks to fill in the detail here. Business travel also played havoc too. However, I have been able to keep up my running with a 5 runs totaling 44km. Temperatures have been a lot warmer too (mostly above 5C) so I have been running without gloves. I have also ben trying to push the speed up a bit over the shorter distances I have been running. I hope to get consistently close to 5 minutes per kilometer speed over the next few weeks so that I am in shape for a short 8km race in early May.

I plan to enter some 10km races over the next 2 months - just sizing up which are close to me and selecting which ones I should do.

Any comments or advice on how to get faster would be appreciated as I seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment.

I gave my normal Monday run a miss today as I have been feeling ill over the weekend with a sore throat, runny nose and general aches and pains (not running related). So I hope that situation improves during the week.

No comments: