Wednesday 16 December 2009

Coldest Run

Today was very frosty and cold. Clear skies overnight meant a hefty frost and temps of around -2C this morning. I decided to run shirtless anyway! It was quite a shock getting straight out of bed, into my running gear and out on the road. However, the cold seems to have spurred me on to run my best time yet for my standard run - 36 Minutes and 15 Seconds - that's almost a minute faster than I have done before.

My hands were cold and painful at the end of the run too, but not unbearably so and they recovered quite quickly. I had one motorist sound his hooter (horn) at me this morning - first time in a long time that this has happened. I am sure that they can't believe someone would go out running not fully dressed for arctic conditions in this kind of weather.

Nevertheless, I found the run quite invigorating and not unpleasant in any way. I just wish that I could fit in a cold water swim along the way too.

No comments: